As CVMA’s exclusive health insurance broker and a whole-hearted believer in the consumer-driven healthcare concept, CAPS prides itself in offering insurance plans to fit the needs and budgets of each agency, individual and student members in the face of rising healthcare costs. Since not one agency or individual has the same need, CAPS is committed to working with each member to help you make informed choices from a whole range of insurers and plans.
Since your options are only limited to what is available in today’s insurance marketplace, you are provided with more choice and flexibility than ever; that’s why CAPS has taken careful consideration in identifying the following carriers and plans that we believe are able to offer affordable solutions. Moreover, you will not find any of these plans for less by looking elsewhere, even by going direct to the carrier.
Please note that CAPS is not limited to offering the following carriers and plans nor does CAPS “endorse” these plans to be the least expensive options available. For an instant quote and to apply online for either Blue Cross or Blue Shield, please click on the appropriate links below, or feel free to request a multiple carrier cost-comparison quote by submitting the appropriate quote request form.
CVMA Sustaining Members:
- Blue Cross’ BeneFits: An employer “choice” plan that requires a minimum $50 or 25% contribution from the employer vs. the traditional $100 or 50% from most employer plans. As an added convenience, you can get more info and apply online today – click here.
- Blue Shield of CA: With 23 employer plans to choose from, Blue Shield offers a great array of plans with differing deductibles, copays and premiums. Blue Shield’s commitment to empowering employees to become active participants in their health through their health and wellness programs is also invaluable to help keep your employees healthy and productive. For more information on plans available, click here.
- Kaiser Permanente: Kaiser’s new Custom Healthbuilder HRA, similar to an HSA, offers low premium, high deductible plans that allows the employer to help offset the employees deductible and copay costs, and take a tax deduction for their contribution to the employee’s healthcare costs. ! Interested in how Kaiser’s HRA plan works? Click here. Another great option is Kaiser’s new Choice Solution, which allows your employees to choose their own Kaiser plan from a range of HMO deductibles and copay plans, as well as a PPO option. Want to offer your employees the Kaiser they love with more choices? Click here for more info.
Sustaining Members – an added benefit: CAPS is also excited to offer new enrolling medical groups the ability to streamline benefits administration with our newly adopted online human resource benefit management system, Group Benefits Manager. Any employer who would rather remain with their current medical benefit carrier will also be given the opportunity to utilize these resources when choosing to name CAPS their broker-of-record on their current policy. This innovative system offers the following features and benefits at no cost to the employer:
- Decreases Administration by Reduction of Time, Paperwork and Staffing Requirements
- 24/7 Online Access to Carrier, Broker, and Employee Information
- Easy-to-use Eligibility, Enrollment, and Benefits Management Tools
- Task Management and Calendaring with MS Outlook™ Integration
- Comprehensive Reporting
- Simple Employee Self Service Enrollment Tools
- Intelligent, Self-Populating Forms to aid in improving data accuracy.
CVMA Individual Members:
- Blue Cross’ Tonik: Choose from three high-deductible plans that include dental and vision benefits! What’s more you can apply online today – click here.
- Nationwide Health Plans: Offering the only HSA qualified plan with maternity benefits and a whole range of superior HSA and high-deductible, limited physician visit copay plans at considerably lower premiums. Click here for more info.
- Blue Shield of CA: Are you in school, between jobs or waiting for your employer-paid plan to kick-in? Maybe temporary insurance is right for you! Blue Shield of California offers short-term health plans that are perfect for those "in-between" times when you're waiting for permanent coverage. It's affordable and easy to enroll, you can choose your length of coverage from 30 days to 12 months and you can get next-day coverage upon approval. Blue Shield also offers affordable HSA plans with competitive benefits to meet the needs of low budgets. Click here to receive a quote and/or apply online for any one of Blue Shield’s great plans today!